The ominous intersection of the internet economy with the ever-thriving gig economy has made having a well-paying, remote, side hustle a very common financial goal today. And there are actually legitimate ways out there to make $100 a day online if you are looking for a stay-at-home side hustle.
Since the key difference between a regular job and a side hustle is the lack of binding obligation in the latter, your best bet is to either join a commission-based program online or promote your own business online. Here are our top picks from both options.
Top 3 Side Hustles
- Affiliate Marketing
- Recruitment Marketing
If you are looking to hit the $100 daily income target, these methods can help you reach it from the comfort of your home. Remember that it is important to understand thoroughly any method before you invest time or other resources in it.
1. Affiliate Marketing
You can join an affiliate program and earn money online by promoting a business on your social media handles.
For this, you can either join a general affiliate program like Amazon Affiliate and choose a product (or service) category generally known as a niche, that aligns with your online persona.
You can join a product/service-specific platform related to the niche or industry like beauty and fashion, pet food, personal finance, working out, etc. supported by your online image.
Here are some trusted affiliate programs for you to check out if your posts and other online activities like following groups and pages happen to revolve around:
Beauty and Makeup
- Sephora: Sephora offers a commission on purchases made through affiliate links on its website. Affiliates can earn up to 7% commission on sales.
- Ulta Beauty: Ulta Beauty has an affiliate program that allows affiliates to earn a commission on purchases made through their referral links. The commission rate is up to 5%.
- MAC Cosmetics: MAC Cosmetics has an affiliate program that offers a commission of 8% on sales made through affiliate links.
- Bodybuilding.com: Bodybuilding.com offers an affiliate program that allows affiliates to earn a commission on purchases made through their referral links. The commission rate is up to 15%.
- Myprotein: Myprotein's affiliate program offers a commission rate of up to 8% on sales made through affiliate links.
- Beachbody: Beachbody offers an affiliate program with a commission rate of up to 10% on sales made through affiliate links.
- Grubhub: Grubhub's affiliate program offers a commission rate of $10 for each new customer referred through the affiliate link.
- Uber Eats: Uber Eats offers an affiliate program with a commission rate of up to 3% on orders placed through affiliate links.
- OpenTable: OpenTable's affiliate program offers a commission rate of up to 25% on reservation fees made through affiliate links.
- Restaurant.com: Restaurant.com offers an affiliate program with a commission rate of up to 20% on sales made through affiliate links.
- Udemy Affiliate Program: Udemy is an online marketplace that offers courses on a wide range of subjects. Their affiliate program offers a commission on sales of courses, and they provide affiliates with various marketing materials to help promote courses.
- Coursera Affiliate Program: Coursera is a popular platform that offers online courses from top universities and organizations. Their affiliate program allows affiliates to earn a commission on course purchases and provides them with various tools and resources to promote courses.
- edX Affiliate Program: edX is a non-profit platform that offers online courses from top universities and organizations. Their affiliate program allows affiliates to earn a commission on course sales and provides them with various promotional materials to help them promote courses.
You may have a not-so-well-known niche without even realizing it - feet pics is a real marketable niche today- so put in some effort in researching.
Also, make sure to read all the policies regarding commission (flat rates or sale cut), click-attribution model, link expiration period, and so on related to the program carefully before joining.
Note that the law requires affiliates to make explicit mention of the transactional nature of the promotional posts.
2. Recruitment Marketing
Getting the right Human resource is terribly important to companies and they are willing to pay the big bucks to enterprises that generate a vast pool of applicants for them to choose from.
The Synkdup Headhunter program is one such enterprise. It is a unique share-and-earn recruitment marketing program and Headhunters have been reported to make $100 a day online by promoting job openings on their social media handles.
Here is what makes it better than other recruitment marketing programs:
- You have no minimum work requirements or deadlines - you work when and how much you want.
- You are not expected to perform any other recruitment functions except simply giving wide visibility to the job openings through your social media reach.
- You get your commission regardless of whether the applicant gets a job or not.
- It is highly scalable through referrals. If you get 5 people to sign up to be a headhunter in a month, you get DOUBLE the number of your dues for the month.
What is even cooler about the program is that you are making money online by helping others get a job rather than pushing them to buy something as you do with affiliate marketing programs. You actually feel good about yourself for helping out your community.
The earning model of the program is very similar to affiliate marketing but, here are some notable differences:
- A headhunter doesn’t need a specific niche as job seekers can be found across niches.
- A headhunter doesn’t need to promote the offering like an affiliate as the offering doesn’t involve the user paying money- on the contrary, it involves giving the user an opportunity to earn money.
- Affiliates are required by the law to explicitly state that they are being paid for promoting the products/services they are promoting while there is no such requirement for Headhunters
- Many people are hesitant to use their social media for affiliate marketing as they are afraid it would hurt their online image by making them look like a salesman trying to sell to friends. Whereas, headhunting has the exact opposite effect by putting you across as a Samaritan.
So, if you are looking to make $100 a day online while engaged in a noble pursuit, The Synkdup Headhunter program is an option you must consider.
If there is something you would like to sell online, be it a product or service, dropshipping is an interesting business model. In a dropshipping business, you just need to promote the products on your social media and when someone places an order, your supplier takes care of order fulfillment for you.
In this model, you generally do not pay your supplier (drop shipper) until a customer has placed an order. The payment process typically works like this:
- A customer places an order on your online store
- You purchase the product from the supplier using the customer's information and payment details
- The supplier ships the product directly to the customer
You typically only pay the supplier after the customer has paid you for the product.
It means that you only pay for the products that you have already sold, reducing the risk of overstocking and incurring additional costs. You also minimize the amount of capital tied up in inventory.
There are several well-known websites for starting a dropshipping business out there, these are a few reliable options:
- Shopify: Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform that allows you to create an online store and sell products via dropshipping. They offer various apps and integrations to make it easy to source and manage your products.
- Oberlo: Oberlo is a platform that integrates with Shopify and allows you to find and import products from suppliers into your online store. They offer various features, such as automated order fulfillment and shipment tracking.
- AliExpress: AliExpress is a popular online marketplace where you can find products to sell via dropshipping. They offer a wide selection of products, competitive pricing, and easy integration with various e-commerce platforms.
- SaleHoo: SaleHoo is a directory of wholesalers, drop shippers, and manufacturers that you can use to source products for your dropshipping business. They offer various features, such as a supplier directory, market research tools, and customer support.
- Spocket: Spocket is a platform that allows you to find and source products from suppliers in the US and EU. They offer various features, such as real-time inventory and pricing updates, branded invoicing, and a wide selection of products.
These are just a few examples of websites that you can use to start a dropshipping business. It's important to do your research and find a platform that aligns with your business goals and needs.
You should follow best practices like using a clear profile picture, writing a catchy bio, and including a link to your website or landing page in your bio. When you share your business updates and offers on your personal profile to reach a wider audience, you should ask your friends to share your content with their network.
Here are some quick tips to promote your products/services on Facebook and Instagram without paying for them:
- Find Facebook groups relevant to your niche and participate in discussions. Share your expertise and offer help to members.
- Host Facebook Live sessions to demonstrate your products, share news and updates, and interact with your audience in real time.
- Use Facebook and Instagram Stories to share behind-the-scenes content, tutorials, and product demos. Use hashtags to increase visibility and use stickers, polls, and other interactive features to increase engagement.
- Partner with other influencers or businesses in your niche to co-create content, host giveaways, or cross-promote each other's content.
- Host a contest or giveaway to engage your followers and attract new ones. Ask followers to tag their friends or share your content to increase reach.
- Create Facebook events for product launches, webinars, and workshops. Encourage your followers to invite their friends and share the event.
- Utilize Instagram Reels and create short, engaging videos that showcase your products or services, and use trending sounds and hashtags to increase visibility.
Also Read: How To Make Money On Facebook Without Any Investment and How To Make Money On Instagram
Remember, consistency is key. To build a loyal following and increase your reach, make sure to post regularly and engage with your followers on a consistent basis.
You should also remember that starting an online dropshipping business can come with a number of risks, as with any business venture. Here are some of the most common risks you should be aware of:
- Supplier issues: One of the main risks of dropshipping is that you are relying on suppliers to fulfill and ship orders on time. If a supplier has inventory or shipping issues, it can result in delays or cancellations of orders, which can harm your reputation and customer relationships.
- Quality control: When dropshipping products, you don't have control over the quality of the products that are shipped to your customers. If the quality of the product is not up to your standards or the customer's expectations, it can result in returns, refunds, or negative reviews.
- Shipping and handling issues: Since you are not handling the shipping and handling of products, you are relying on the supplier to package and ship the products. If the products are damaged in transit or not packaged properly, it can harm your reputation and result in additional costs and time for replacements.
It's important to research and understands these risks before starting a dropshipping business. However, with careful planning, effective supplier selection, and ongoing monitoring, you can mitigate these risks and build a successful online business
Thanks to the attention economy and the success of e-commerce, today there are numerous opportunities available to anyone with an internet connection and a willingness to put in some time and effort.
And, these three side hustles - Headhunting, Affiliate marketing, and dropshipping - give you the flexibility to work on your own terms without any commitments.
You can actually make good money without a full-time commitment by focusing on your interests, skills, and strengths, and deciding on a side hustle to fit your lifestyle and financial goals. Hope you found this article useful and best of luck.